This position is responsible for leading and overseeing the technical and supportive personnel of the Department of Pharmacy Services. Ensures the functions of the technical and supportive personnel are consistent with policy and procedures. Assist in planning, directing, monitoring and evaluating the provision of distributive pharmacy services to all patient care areas.
- Applies the principles of performance improvement consistent with the job expectations. Assists in Quality Improvement activities, Medication Utilization Evaluations and the development of Policies and Procedures. Coordinates technician meetings, participates in in-service programs, committees and other functions as appropriate.
- Coordinates and maintains activities associated with Automated Dispensing Machines. Ensures reports are run and quality assurance activities are completed in a timely manner. Orders and coordinates (or assist with these activities) installation of new Automated dispensing Machines and software as needed and approved. Resolves issues related to Automated dispensing machine users and inventory control.
- Manages people resources by recruiting, selecting, hiring, orienting, training qualified candidates. Participates in performance recognition in consultation with other members of the Pharmacy management group. Evaluates staff performance in an accurate, consistent, objective and timely manner. Communicates personnel issues to other members of the Pharmacy management group.
- Assumes or delegates the duties of the Pharmacy Supply Coordinator in facilities that do not have an individual in this position. These duties include but are not limited to, inventory control, order submission, inter-departmental billing functions, recalls, return of expired medications and working with vendor representatives.
- Oversees all aspects of medication use, including (1) selection, procurement and storage, (2) dispensing, (3) monitoring of all medications utilized. Internal customers may include Patients, Nurses, Licensed Independent Practitioners, Nursing Directors, Department Directors, Administrators and other health care team members for the purpose of integrating services, improving patient care and ensuring effective communication systems. External customers may include local, state, and national pharmacy organizations, Joint Commission, state Board of Pharmacy, colleagues and peers, educational institutions and pharmaceutical representatives.
- Organizes and coordinates daily activities of the Pharmacy Technician Staff, volunteers and technician externs. Schedules Pharmacy Technicians on a routine basis to assure adequate and consistent service. Determines and assesses workflow of the pharmacy department and makes adjustments as needed. Participates in the duties of the Pharmacy Technician when workload dictates.
- Provides leadership and direction to Pharmacy Technician Staff, volunteers and technician externs. Promotes positive customer relations, fosters a team environment within the department and actively contributes to a supportive work environment.
- Three years experience as a Pharmacy Technician in hospital pharmacy practice. Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Requires (or eligible for) pharmacy technician licensure in the state of practice (where applicable) and/or technician certification.
- Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must possess training in compounding intravenous medications and sterile products preparation. Must have good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts.
- Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, Microsoft applications and Automated dispensing system.
Company: Banner Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A