This position conducts scheduled audits defined in the annual audit plan, as well as, requested unplanned audits resulting from an internal request or a government investigation. Plans, coordinates and manages audits and third party investigations under the direction of compliance leadership. Conducts coding, billing and other business procedure audits and prepares and presents reports of findings at the direction of compliance leadership. Assists with the development of corrective actions and monitoring activities to mitigate risk and validate ongoing compliance with government regulatory requirements. Conducts internal investigations reported though the compliance/ethics line as applicable, assists the organization’s compliance officers as directed to research and investigate concerns or questions related to compliance or regulatory requirements. Provides support to compliance leadership during government investigations, including document indexing, medical record review, research regarding applicable laws and regulatory requirements, internal policies, procedures/operational processes and maintaining investigation file integrity.
- Prepares and dispenses medications and IV solutions in an accurate and timely manner in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Reviews and verifies or enters orders into the medication management information system in an accurate and timely manner. Assures entries to the patient medication profile presents no significant problems in regard to drug interactions, incompatibilities, therapeutic duplications or patient safety.
- Reviews medication orders and evaluates their appropriateness and completeness with respect to patient data including age, height, weight, diagnosis, laboratory values and other pertinent patient information. Contacts the prescriber with suggestions for improvement and resolves problems with the medication orders as needed. Documents resolutions and clinical interventions in the appropriate manner. Complies with directives of the Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee as it relates to formulary management. Accurately and completely documents patient assessment data and clinical interventions.
- Ensures accurate records are being maintained. (e.g. audits, controlled substances, logs.)
- Supervises and directs work of pharmacy technicians and interns. Coordinates medication preparation and distribution work of the pharmacy technicians and ensures accuracy prior to dispensing medications for distribution.
- Utilizes clinical pharmacy skills in assessing and formulating recommendations to physicians ensuring positive patient outcomes, safety, quality and economical drug therapy. Participates in and supports decentralized pharmacist activities, when appropriate and where applicable and appropriate.
- Provides accurate, appropriate and timely information to physicians, nurses, patients and others regarding medication therapy, drug product guidelines, law and regulations, medication formulary and other topics related to medication use and control.
- Requires current and unrestricted pharmacy licensure in the applicable state of practice within 90 days of hire date.
- Pharmacy licensure.
- Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts. Must be able to use reference tools to evaluate patient care and answer questions posed by customers. May be required to possess a valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under the company’s auto insurance policy. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Pharmacist in the specialty area. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
- Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly medication management information system software, Microsoft applications and Automated dispensing system.
- Prefer hospital pharmacy experience.
Company: Banner Health
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tucson, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A