Qatar Petroleum (QP) is a state-owned public corporation established byEmiri Decree No. 10 in 1974. It is responsible for
all phases of the oiland gas industry in the State of Qatar.The principal activities of QP, its subsidiaries and joint ventures
arethe exploration, production, local and international sale of crude oil,natural gas and gas liquids, refined products,
synthetic fuels,petrochemicals, fuel additives, fertilizers, liquefied natural gas(LNG), steel and aluminium.QP’s strategy of
conducting hydrocarbon exploration and development isthrough Exploration and Production Sharing Agreements (EPSA)
andDevelopment and Production Sharing Agreements (DPSA) concluded withmajor international oil and gas
companies.The operations and activities of QP and its affiliates are conducted atvarious onshore locations, including Doha,
Dukhan and the Mesaieed andRas Laffan Industrial Cities, as well as offshore areas, including HalulIsland, offshore
production stations, drilling platforms and the NorthField.Thriving on a spirit of enterprise, each of our joint ventures
isunderpinned by transparency, innovation and high standards of qualityand service. At Qatar Petroleum, we are committed
to one thing aboveall: Excellence.
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of 10 years of post graduate experience in the oil & gas industry with emphasis on Petroleum Refining
(Process, Planning and/or Operation experience), of which 6 years in a supervisory position.
- Fluent in spoken and written English language. Good personal & oral communication skills
- Complete knowledge of technology standards and trends.
- High standard skills in business, personal, negotiation and decision making.
- Superior leadership, Broad perspective and communication skills.
- Thorough background in Refinery Process plants.
- Extensive knowledge on Oil Movement & Storage Systems, Plant Information Systems, Information Technology in
- Proficiency in economic analysis at macro level and financial analysis at project, business and corporate level.
- Multi-disciplinary experience in (Refinery operation, production planning and scheduling, economics, commercial
- Aware and familiar with safety rules, procedures and precautions within process plants.
- B.Sc. Degree or higher in Chemical Engineering or Chemistry or equivalent related field. Membership in Professional
Engineering bodies is an added advantage.
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.