Standard Chartered Bank - UAE
Job description / Role
Subject Matter Expertise and Leadership
* Work with the CB business team globally.
* BSA/AML and sanctions exposure with focus in global trade, transaction banking, FX, loans and syndications.
* Facilitate as an underwriter for AML/FC risk and assist to ultimately uplift the quality of CDD files.
* Assist in conducting targeted reviews and visitations with correspondent bank clients to follow-up on pertinent concerns identified by Compliance or the line of business as well as visit new/potential correspondent client Financial Institutions (FIs) to discuss and assess their compliance management programs.
* Work closely with Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) Correspondent Banking FI Due Diligence team, trade and payment product partners to identify emerging trends and high risk transactions and activities to take appropriate measures to mitigate the risks including restriction of transactions to account closures including managing suspicious activity reporting and unusual activity reporting for the portfolio.
* Assist in Identifying emerging risk trends within the portfolio and take appropriate remediation action steps to manage/mitigate the risks including updating senior management and various stake holders through situation update reports.
* Review monthly MIS and client specific dashboards including SARs, NCTs, IAEs and RFIs
Policies and Procedures
* Work closely with different lines of business compliance and financial crime teams to ensure that the business meets local and bank wide policies and procedures through different reporting to various stakeholders and bank regulators.
* Work with FCC to ensure policy and procedures are aligned with regulatory requirements and are operationally feasible.
Training & Culture of Conduct
* Help identify training needs.
Reporting and Governance
* Provide support in implementing a strong governance framework.
* Support internal audits and regulatory exams and assist to address, remediate and mitigate high risk clients, high risk issues impacting at the portfolio level.
* Support the facilitation and fulfillment of requirements as a result of external and internal exams.
* Support management on regulatory presentations and requests.
* Develop, track and follow-up on issues, action plans and escalation reports stemming from AML-related governance to ensure timely response and action.
* Facilitate in identification and escalation of potential risks and issues to senior management through appropriate governance channels.
* Assist in proactively monitoring correspondent banking portfolio transaction monitoring reports and dashboards.
* Facilitate in monitoring operational effectiveness and help to provide overall oversight of financial crime risk related responsibilities for the CB business.
* Development and maintenance of financial crime metrics inventory
* Assist in creation and presentation of executive reports defining compliance and risk management components of the AML/ATF/ABC and sanctions initiatives being driven by the business
* Overseeing and conducting special projects and other duties as assigned.