AECOM Middle East are currently seeking an Associate Director of Architect, to be based in our Abu Dhabi design studio.
- Directs and co-ordinates other designers in the consultant team as well as any specialist designers that are appointed
- Responsible for making technical decisions regarding resolution of interfaces / clashes between disciplines
- Ensures, directly and through subordinates, that the project is completed on time, to company & industry standards, and meets all requirements of the Design Brief
- Responsible for key design input at early design phases and for general design leadership during the course of the project
- Leads the preparation of the architectural design for all stages in accordance with the Initial Project Brief and Design Programme (Lead Engineer leads the interface and coordination with the External Architect where AECOM is providing engineering services only)
- Leads the technical co-ordination of specialist sub-consultants as necessary including the GDC / other AECOM offices and external sub-consultants
- Lead Architect is responsible for managing deployment to ensure that services are completed within architectural discipline budget for all stages of the project including change.
- Regularly reviews and checks team deliverables for accuracy, efficiency and thoroughness ensuring delivery is as per Client requirements and Industry standards
- Communicates with clarity, purpose and accuracy
- Determines solutions, methods and procedures on assignments to deliver products & services
- Manages coordination of design using Navisworks and other coordination software
- Understands and implements project management principles and able to work within project budgets which includes fees and designing to construction budget
- A minimum of 15+ years of experience in Architecture, with leading practices
- Experience on large scale Building projects
A Bachelors Degree in Architecture.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.