Job description / Role
Our Client is a leading global law firm currently looking for an Associate to join their construction team.
* You will already have acquired dispute resolution knowledge and have knowledge of the construction industry.
* You will be able to contribute to and lead aspects of professional development and know-how and participate in training where appropriate.
* You will take day to day responsibility for more straightforward matters and actively progress complex matters.
* You will be able to demonstrate well-developed drafting skills.
* You will be confident and effective in negotiations with counterparts.
* You will be effective in communicating with clients in order to understand their needs and how best to meet them.
* You will also have the ability to assist clients in arriving at practical and cost-effective solutions.
* You will actively seek to identify personnel within the client whom you should get to know and be effective in forming those relationships.
* You will take on a significant role within the team on complex matters and be able to lead the team on smaller matters.
* You will be able to identify when a team member needs support and will be approachable for advice, giving regular and constructive feedback.
* You will understand the way our business, competitors and clients are developing and work with the business development team to use this information to develop business opportunities.
* You will build and maintain a network of business contacts.
* In addition, you will proactively identify opportunities to introduce your clients to other offices and practice areas, working intelligently with partners, other lawyers and the business development team to exploit opportunities.
* You will have excellent attention to detail, identifying inconsistencies that indicate problems with quality of work or a misunderstanding of clients’ needs.
* You will gather information from a variety of sources to identify your own strengths and weaknesses. You will mentor and assist junior associates to promote their learning and development.