Founded in 1984, APCO Worldwide is an award-winning, independently owned global communication and business strategy firm with offices in major cities throughout North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. APCO combines a global perspective with local expertise to help clients around the world manage challenges, opportunities, perceptions and reputations. APCO clients include corporations and governments; industry associations and nonprofit organizations; and many of the top companies on the Fortune 500. The firm is a majority women-owned business.
About APCO in the Middle East and North Africa
Home to some of the fastest growing economies in the world, the Middle East and North Africa region has a pivotal role to play in driving global conversations – from environmental policies to religion and pop culture. The UAE and Saudi Arabia are clear leaders in this equation, although the wave of innovation continues to transcend borders.
APCO launched its regional operations in 2006 in Dubai. Growing from a team of less than 10 consultants, APCO today has over 200 people from 26 countries working in teams across Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Riyadh, Manama and Kuwait and our projects take us to countries across the region and the Levant. APCO was awarded Best Agency in the Middle East by PRWeek in 2019 and Best Agency to Work for: EMEA Network by PRovoke Media in 2017 and 2019.
With a portfolio of over 100 clients, APCO’s MENA offices deliver public relations and digital communication support across health, food, consumer & retail, finance, technology, real estate & hospitality, non-profit and public affairs practices. The region also offers specialized services, created for the Middle East, such as our Build-Operate-Transfer (BOT) model and our Compass and License to Operate offerings.
In addition, APCO’s global AI Comms Lab, a first-of-its-kind innovation center which utilizes artificial intelligence to build and protect the reputations of major global brands, governments and organizations is driven from the Dubai office.
From helping governments connect with the private sector and civil society, to supporting the Pope’s historic visit to the region and launching iconic brands and destinations, we understand the nuances of the MENA region and pride ourselves on making an impact.
The Associate Account Director, Digital role is to elevate APCO’s content capabilities on social and digital channels
- Serve as a day-to-day client lead, providing client counsel and support, and oversight of the project and oversight of the APCO team and its work on assignments focusing on integrated content strategy and delivery
- Oversee integrated content strategy and production, including copywriting, design and, principally, digital dissemination
- This includes reviewing, assessing and, were necessary, overhauling the processes used and the roles and responsibilities of team members to deliver solid content and streamline operations
- Lead digital strategy engagements with a strong focus on analytics, meaningful digital experiences and well-coordinated influencer engagement
- Ensuring high-quality and on-time delivery of client work
- Maintain agreed financial performance metrics on assigned projects, and ensure team is delivering work both effectively and efficiently
- Provide hands-on and detail-oriented oversight of all client deliverables, guiding the team and engaging the client to take briefs and direct the team accordingly
- Bachelor Degree in digital communication or Equivalent
- Minimum 8 years of digital experience
- Successful track record of delivering strategically thoughtful projects that deliver measurable impact
- Excellent knowledge of the entire digital ecosystem (Social Media, SEO, SEM, Web Development, Digital Advertising, Social Media Advertising)
- Very strong project management and technical skills including content development
- Experience in industry-standard Analytics and Big Data tools
- Excellent communications skills and strong client management
- A great storyteller and story maker
- Talent to manage clients from multiple backgrounds and industries
To apply for this job please visit sa.indeed.com.