Al Futtaim Group
Assistant Vice President – Underwriting Projects | Orient Insurance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans activities/tasks that will deliver the desired results and oversees day-to-day work and monitoring of progress towards goals. Ensures resources are optimally sourced and deployed.
- Drive the execution of projects while acting as the liaison between business teams and technology delivery teams
- Defines the business case with input from stakeholders. Identifies and gains agreement on project objectives, scope, timing, and resources with IT.
- Provide hands-on project management during all phases – Analysis, Design, Development, System and End to End Testing, Implementation, and Post Implementation.
- Conducts project meetings and prepares regular reports to communicate the status of projects to stakeholders
- Escalates and works to resolve issues that serve as roadblocks and/or place project objectives at risk.
- Performs project close-out steps to include identifying lessons learned/best practices to inform the success of future projects. Applies continuous improvement methodologies throughout the project management lifecycle.
- Lead the project management capability for a select set of assigned high-priority strategic roadmap initiatives
- Ensure assigned strategic roadmap initiatives exhibit all the dimensions of a robust strategic initiative (e.g., business case, scoping, KPIs, key milestones, execution plan)
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope
- Reporting to the Chief Underwriting Officer, you will be a thought leader among internal teams
Requirements:Strong experience in managing cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment.Ability to grasp complex technical concepts easily and be able to participate in high-level technical discussions.Strong analytical skills and ability to make decisions based on metrics rather than just judgment.Strong business analysis skills with ability to synthesize business processes and lead functional discussions pertaining to the project with functional and business members.Excellent communication, collaboration, motivation, and facilitation skills.Project Management Certifications such as PMP, PMI-ACP, Scrum Master preferred.This position would suit an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated person with good oral and written communication skills.Strong ability to adapt and address unique challenges in collaborative and creative ways.Displays advanced communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills as well as advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.