Al Futtaim Group
Assistant Vice President – Engineering Underwriting | Orient Insurance PJSC
Reporting to Vice President- Engineering, the job responsibilities interalia including but not limited to:
- Underwriting – Management of the underwriting activities of the Engineering Department to ensure sustainability and growth in the portfolio through prudent risk assessment and underwriting measures. Periodical review of premium rates and the underwriting guidelines in light of the prevailing market conditions as well as performance of the Portfolio to ensure continuous enhancement of the Department’s profitability.
- Assist Business Channels – work with different business channels to ensure growth in the Department by securing new businesses as well as retention of existing portfolios.
- Management and Development of Staff – Assist superiors on motivating, training and development of the assigned staff in order to optimize their performance and ensure achievement of the specific objectives in an efficient manner with a high degree of professionalism.
- Documentation and Records – Ensure timely and accurate preparation and delivery of certificates, policies and endorsements in compliance with the prescribed policies and guidelines of the company in order to serve customers efficiently.
- Management Reports – Prepare, coordinate and ensure timely submission of Management reports in order to provide the operational data for Management information and facilitate decision-making.
- Customer Complaints – Attend to customer complaints and ensure fair solutions within the company guidelines.
Requirement:Holding a relevant university degree preferably Engineering with additional insurance qualification, ACII or any similar insurance qualification.Must have 10 years of work experience, at least 5 years of which is in a Managerial position handling Underwriting.Sound technical knowledge of all Engineering class of business.Must possess good negotiating skills and analytical abilityWe prefer candidates having work experience in GCC countries.
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.