Job description / Role
Key areas of responsibilities are to purchase food, beverage, guest supplies, repairs and maintenance items, at the right price and at the right time while performing his duties within the framework of the standards connected with the product and the direction and regulations laid down by the hotel management. Another key responsibility is to work in close liaison with the Buyer, Receiving Clerk, Store Person .
What is in it for you:
– Employee benefit card offering discounted rates at Accor worldwide
– Learning programs through our Academies
– Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
– Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Financial Controller, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
– Collects and compiles list of suppliers and their available merchandise, equipment and services in accordance with hotel requirements.
– Receives proper purchase requisitions from Head of Departments.
– Calls for quotations for any items and inquire into prices from various suppliers.
– A minimum of three independent genuine quotations must be obtained.
– Compares prices with previous purchases and with current market prices.
– Raises the local Purchase Order in the name of the supplier selected.
– Receives market list from the Executive Chef on a daily basis and arranges for delivery of those items daily.
– Carries out regular market survey prices of all items and services for the hotel by keeping constant touch with the suppliers and submits periodical reports to the FC.
– Follows up and ensures that goods are delivered in accordance with the purchase order and without any delay.
– Makes sure that all suppliers’ deliveries are made in the receiving area.
– Ensures that suppliers submit their Invoice / Delivery Note in duplicate, fully priced, together with the merchandise.
– Issues a petty cash voucher for all small purchases.
– Responsible for making sure that the administrative procedures relating to the purchase of goods are followed.
– Ensures that the suppliers follow the rules relating to hygiene of goods delivered.
– Enables the cost of expenses to be kept to a minimum by means of scrupulous maintenance of administrative documents
– Keeps all records in a way that they can be checked at any time for information or audit purposes.
– Maintains all documents, files and listings up-to-date and performs his duties in the most efficient manner.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.