Institute of Applied Technology
An Assistant Professor facilitates the learning environment and demonstrates high quality in teaching, mentoring, research and services of the institute and community. He/she should develop leadership and supervision skills in a relevant discipline. Enforces policies and procedures as well as ethical behavior.
- Comply with EHS Policies, Programs and Procedures as per IAT/ADVETI EHSMS-General Framework and take responsibility for any aspect of EHS that they are involved in
- Conduct lectures, tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, student field excursions, and clinical sessions
- Develop and update subject material
- Develop and deliver different teaching approaches and models including, but not limited to, e-learning, student-centered education, blended education, flipped lecture model, individualized learning
- Act as subject/course coordinators
- Conduct and supervise research and scholarly activities
- Undertake research aligned to their expertise, entity research focus and/or major research priorities of the UAE
- Align undergraduate capstone and graduate projects with career, problem based industrial projects and patentable ideas
- Engage in scholarly activities, innovation, and submission of grant applications to support research goals
- Participate in professional activities such as training, conferences, workshops, etc.
- Organise events and community services such as exhibitions, conferences, competitions, workshops and training sessions
- Develop assessment tools, grading rubrics, and outcome assessment
- Advise and mentor students
- Undertake administrative functions connected to academic outcome reporting, course filing and archiving, course surveys and feedback, grade book, and e-assessments
- Participate in internal and external committees
- Participate in committees for strategy and policy development
- Provide consultation services
- Conduct any other tasks assigned by the line manager
Qualification(s)PhD , Doctorate of PhilosophyProfessional Doctorates are NOT accepted. i.e. Doctorate of Education (DoEd), Doctorate of Business Administration (DBA) etc. Experience Required1-3 years of teaching experience after the PhDTwo Publications registered in Scopus Database or Scholarly Publications Skills RequiredSolid knowledge and expertise in their field of studyProficiency in Information Technology and Learning Management Systems (LMS)Able to prepare well-structured and balanced teaching materials that are aligned to learning outcomesAble to contribute to Curriculum Development and improvementAware of current research and scientific knowledge in their field of studyKnowledge and skills related to environment, health and safety in the workplaceWhere applicable competency in using lab equipment and in conducting lab sessionsUnderstand emerging technology trends and impact on career-based educationSeek continuous Professional Development opportunities in teaching, research and scholarly activityContinuous Production of Scientific Material LanguageEnglish: IELTS 7.0 Academic or equivalent for non-Native English speakers
To apply for this job please visit www.bayt.com.