About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and provide equal opportunities, employing over 8,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
We want you to do well from the beginning, so we’ll give you every chance to impress during the recruitment process. We promise our colleagues a warm welcome and will help you feel part of our Jumeirah family from day one. You can rely on us to support you as you settle into your journey with us and make Jumeirah ‘Your Place to Shine’.
Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is designed to resemble a billowing sail and stands at a height of 321m. It is the world’s most followed hotel on Instagram and has been consistently voted the world’s most luxurious hotel. Features include nine restaurants and bars; in suite check-in and check-out; reception desks on every floor; round-the-clock private butlers; use of the hotel’s Rolls-Royce fleet and The Terrace, a one-of-a-kind restaurant, pool, beach and cabana space. The hotel’s 202 luxury suites offer a rain shower, Jacuzzi and stunning news of the Arabian Gulf.
About the Job:
Your key duties include:
- To ensure the process for recruitment activities are conducted in an accurate and timely manner and according to Jumeirah guidelines
- Promote Jumeirah as an employer of choice
- Conduct Exit Interviews for departing colleagues and provide summary feedback
- Analyze, recommend, implement and evaluate processes to maximize efficiency and effectiveness;
- Act as a communication champion – communicating and executing policies, and improvement initiatives
- Interpret UAE’s Labour Law, ensure observance of all company and regulatory requirements and provide advice to management and colleagues
- Track and monitor HR indicators to identify trends and provide recommendations for improvement
- Assist in monitoring performance management, provide guidance, conduct appraisals and coordinate training and development activities (Individual Development Plans IDPs) for HR colleagues;
- In conjunction with Training, assist in the development and delivery of training sessions relevant to HR matters eg: interviewing skills, performance appraisals, etc
- Conduct follow up sessions for new hires after 30 days (one month chat)
- Advise and assist managers with all employee relations issues
- Provide opportunities for colleagues to discuss typical employment issues career planning and personal issues
- Organize colleague social events, focus groups and recognition activities
- Ensure compliance with all health, hygiene, security, safety and fire regulations;
- Perform any related duties and special projects as required
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Human Resources generalist role
- Minimum 1 year supervising a team
- Intermediate level – Microsoft Office applications
- High level of written and verbal business English
- CIPD certificate (CPP or CRS)
- Diploma or degree
- Knowledge in HRMS system (Oracle) and ATS (Sniper hire)
- Minimum one year of experience as Assistant HR Manager in a similar environment
- Middle East experience
- Administration of Occupational psychometric tests (15 FQ+)
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package, which includes; housing allowance, annual flight tickets allowance, medical and dental coverage, pension, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates. Married colleagues will enjoy family benefits for up to two children which include education assistance.