Global Sports Event Qatar – Accommodation Services
Assistant Group Director of IT (fixed term contract until December 2022)
What’s in it for you?
Take the fantastic opportunity to broaden your horizon outside the common hotel business and play your role in delivering high quality hospitality services embedded in one of the world’s most popular sports events. Benefit from this exceptional experience by advancing your skills, know-how and future career.
What you will be doing:
- Firm knowledge and understanding of the following software packages: Hotel Property Management (Opera, Hotelogix), Micros 9700, Microsoft Office Automation, Windows Server,
- Provide IT Support to Hotel staff and Guests
- Co-ordinate the rollout of any new software upgrades as they become available – these upgrades must be tested in a demo environment, users trained, and live systems upgraded with this latest release
- Telephone systems – software maintenance and Voicemail systems
- Review and develop computer systems, hardware, software, and any interfaces between systems
- Test new information technology system designs and fix design problems found
- Control the security aspects of IT Systems
- Assure that at all times the systems are kept secure from both internal and external clients. Keep anti-virus files updated
- Oversees and monitors the operations of all computer hardware; ensures the computer hardware is installed and operating properly.
- Serves as primary contact for all servicing of computer PC hardware.
- Maintains licenses for all software.
- Performance and availability
- Implement policy and procedures to guarantee data and assets availability, integrity and security as per the company standards and ensure business continuity
Your experience and skills include:
- Information Technology management experience in the hospitality sector is a must, experience in Qatar is a plus.
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position in a large scale property
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- A confident & dynamic speaker, able to communicate and interact effectively with all levels of an organization
- Proven organizational skills
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.