The Finance team is responsible for partnering with business managers across ASIC to provide financial information to improve decision making, ensure compliance with relevant legislative and statutory obligations, and support budgetary control of all activities undertaken to achieve ASIC’s strategic priorities.
Finance has implemented the finance stream of ASIC’s industry funding model based on the recovery of costs from those who create the need for regulation and those that benefit from a regulated market and financial system.
- Prepare financial tables and provide analysis for publishing in ASIC’s Cost Recovery Implementation Statement
- Identify and implement process improvements, including maintaining and enhancing team procedures and protocols
- Assist in the development and implementation of any changes/updates to ASIC cost recovery Framework
- Produce monthly and quarterly reports with insightful analysis and commentary on cost allocations. This includes actively monitoring progress against the corporate plans, data and communication with business units
- Developing and managing relationships with ASIC internal stakeholders, project personnel, business units and ASIC’s key external stakeholders
- Implementing changes in processes, procedures and systems and monitoring the outcomes of these changes.
- Calculate costs in accordance with agreed Cost Recovery Guidelines maintained by the Department of Finance
- Produce modelling, analysis, advice and support for the Finance stream of the industry funding arrangements, a complex, cross functional program
Qualification & Experience:
- You enjoy working in an independent environment with an adaptable approach and have an aptitude to pick up new skills and processes quickly.
- You have strong experience utilising various software applications and reporting tools with an ability to successfully analyse and disseminate financial information.
- You are an analytical problem solver and possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sydney, AU
Application Deadline: N/A