Financial Services Enforcement investigates suspected misconduct and takes formal enforcement action in response to suspected breaches of financial services laws and credit laws. This includes commencing civil proceedings, working with the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecution (CDPP) to secure criminal convictions and taking administrative action to cancel Australian financial services and Australian credit licenses and ban persons
- Derive insights from data and various information sources, and compile them into relevant evidence
- Contribute to large and complex investigations into suspected cases of misconduct
- Work collaboratively with your team members and other internal stakeholders in order to achieve outcomes
- Prepare briefs of evidence to external counsel and the Commonwealth Director of Public Prosecutions
- Develop new and more efficient ways for the team to operate
- Gather evidence by conducting examinations and witness interviews, and review documents using electronic tools
Qualification & Experience:
- You have a finance background and are able to apply analytical skills to your work.
- You will be proactive and outcome-driven, with the ability to see how your work contributes to the bigger picture.
- However, we are also looking for people with an inquisitive and analytical mind set who are comfortable working with complex information in a changing environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, finance, business, law or a related field, along with prior experience in financial services or regulation are also highly desirable.
- You will also be adept at interrogating and evaluating information using a variety of techniques.
- You’ll be experienced in juggling multiple projects and priorities and be an articulate communicator who has excellent written skills.
- Ideally, you will bring transferable skills from a previous investigative, forensic accounting or data analytics role.
- With a consultative and collaborative interpersonal style, you will enjoy working as part of a large, multi-skilled team.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Victoria, AU
Application Deadline: N/A