The work of the Information Records Centre (IRC) provides services that contribute to the gathering, management and storage of information and records at ASIC. The IRC consists of Library and Research Services, Information & Records Management and Intelligence Support. Intelligence Support provides operational support for enforcement investigations and regulatory activities through the gathering of intelligence information using authorised searches on data systems managed by external agencies.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to establish requirements and service level expectations, and to build positive working relationships.
- Ensure all relevant records are kept for all searches conducted to facilitate reporting and support audit and compliance reviews.
- Conduct complex, national searches across the full range of ASIC’s intelligence sources, ensuring requests are allocated and actioned within the SLA timeframes.
- Liaise with external agencies to maintain information access and obtain confidential information in line with agreements and Memorandums of Understandings (MoUs) in place.
- Provide guidance and support to ASIC stakeholders in relation to the intelligence collected and the proper management and handling of confidential and sensitive information.
- Evaluate information, manipulate and analyse retrieved data to prepare meaningful and highly accurate response summaries.
- Contribute to reviewing and developing team material (e.g. reviewing systems, efficiency and effectiveness of processes) and participation to national IRC projects.
- Deliver tactical intelligence information to ASIC’s enforcement and regulatory teams in accordance with national policies and procedures, privacy requirements and procedures for handling sensitive personal information.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience using a variety of software applications simultaneously including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word), information management systems and databases to process, store, retrieve and report information.
- Experience searching, analysing and interpreting complex information on databases to provide solutions or advice to stakeholders.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or relevant work experience.
- Experience in effectively presenting information to different target audiences through strong business writing and verbal communication skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills for investigating and resolving stakeholder and system issues and improving work practices.
- Demonstrated experience in building, maintaining and utilising positive relationships with team members and internal stakeholders
- Experience working with law enforcement, legal services, accounting, financial services environment or a government agency.
- Experience interpreting and applying legislation, procedural manuals and guidelines to work.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brisbane, AU
Application Deadline: N/A