At Four Seasons we consider life and work to be richer when we truly connect with the people and the environment around us.
Our family members are masters at their crafts – a gardener can become an artist, a manager a conductor, a chef an inventor. We look for employees who share the Golden Rule: people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for our people to characterize a shared passion for excellence and to infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
About Four Seasons
Founded in 1960, Four Seasons continues to define the future of luxury hospitality with extraordinary imagination, unwavering commitment to the highest standards of quality, and the most genuine and customized service. Currently operating 117 hotels and private residences in major city centers and resort destination in 47 countries, and with more than 60 projects in development, Four Seasons consistently ranks among the world’s best hotels and most prestigious brands in reader polls, traveler reviews and industry awards.
As the leader in branded residences since 1982, Four Seasons currently operate 38 residential properties around the world and 80% of the projects in our pipeline contain a residential component.
The Role of the Restaurant Chef
- Plan, organize, control and direct the work of employees responsible for preparation of all culinary items while ensuring superior quality and consistency.
- To hire, train, motivate, supervise and discipline all Chef’s working directly and indirectly in the main kitchen.
- To schedule employees direct reports.
- To communicate regularly with the Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef to achieve an excellent rapport throughout the food production department and in developing new menu items as well the quality of all food prepared in the kitchen he supervises.
- Constantly inspect taste, temperature and visual appeal, make sure that all dishes are uniform and that established portion sizes are adhered to.
- To do requisition of all items needed for the following day from the food storeroom, non-food storeroom and stewarding department.
- Ensure proper sanitation procedures are followed and the kitchens (main kitchen, apre spa, library bar and seasons tea lounge) are always clean, neat and tidy.
- Ensure all equipment is in full working order.
- Ensure a superior production of international food and other dishes.
- Ensure an adequate supply of all products prepared on a timely basis.
- Prepare exciting and appealing room amenity when needed.
- Establish standard recipes and ensure the compliance with them.
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management. This includes packaging design, procurement; marketing and merchandising of food products in conjunction with Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Director.
- Have a full working knowledge of halal food, service and preparation.
- Have full knowledge of Four Seasons Food Standards.
- To execute Alternative Cuisine and Spa Cuisine.
- To be certified in Food Service Sanitation as available and to implement protocols.
- To work closely with all chef’s in relation to the food prepared by your kitchens.
- To work closely with all chefs in relation to the kitchen and the rest of the culinary/F&B team.
- Comply with Four Seasons’ Category One and Category Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
- Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
- Prepare food items.
- Assist with set-up and cleaning of operational areas.
- Complete performance evaluations for managerial and line staff.
Knowledge and Skills:
Previous experience as Restaurant Chef in a luxury, fast-paced environment.
The benefits offered by Four Seasons Hotel Kuwait:
- Department Head benefits as per Four Seasons Kuwait policy
- 30 day vacations
- Quality of employee meals
- Full medical coverage
Hotel will apply for the work authorization for the successful candidate
We look forward to receiving your application!