American Creativity Academy
We are looking to hire a dedicated Arabic Teacher to join us at the American Creativity Academy!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor of Arabic or Islamic Studies.
- Three years teaching experience.
- Working knowledge of computer technology as applied to the classroom and for record keeping.
- Must be in Kuwait.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- 250KD annual professional development allowance.
- 50% Discounted tuition for up to 3 children.
- Provide direct instruction and supervision to and for students in the school
- Work to instill skills that will allow children to progress academically within the scope of the curriculum as well as providing strategies that allow children to apply appropriate problem solving skills to their lives.
- Comply with Ministry of Education regulations and guidelines for preparing lesson plans, delivering lessons, and pacing the curriculum.
- Teach diligently and faithfully the classes assigned to them by the principal.
- Follow the prescribed Ministry of Education Arabic curriculum as outlined for each grade level.
- Assist in the development, creation, and adaptation of the prescribed curriculum, instructional materials and supplies.
- Is responsible for effective instruction, training, and evaluation of the progress of students in the assigned classes or grade level.
- The management of the class or classes, and report to the Principal on the progress of students on request.
- Encourage the students in the pursuit of learning.
- Maintain a clean, attractive, well-ordered classroom.
- Maintain accurate records of students’ academic and behavioral performance.
- Participate in regular conferencing with parents and keep records of such in the prescribed school format.
- Inculcate by precept and example respect for religion and the principles of Islamic morality and the highest regard for truth, justice, loyalty, love of country, humanity, benevolence, sobriety, industry, frugality, purity, temperance, and all other virtues.
- Provide direction and support for student activities and clubs.
- Promote the American Creativity Academy in a positive fashion at all times.
- Assist in developing cooperation and coordination of effort among the members of the staff of the school.
- Attend conferences with other teachers to discuss academic and social needs of the students in his/her care as directed by the Principal.
- Attend punctually all scheduled staff meetings and serve on faculty committees as requested by the Principal.
- Deliver all required documentation, reports, and school property in their possession as may be directed by the Superintendent when their contractual agreement with the school has expired or when for any reason his employment with ACA has ceased.
- Use and permit to be used as a textbook in a class and in all subject areas that they teach, only textbooks that are approved by the BOT and Ministry of Education.
- Supervise students in the classroom, in the hallways, on the playground, and when students are on breaks and recess.
- Identify special needs of students and makes appropriate referrals to the Counseling Department or Principal.
- Follow school policy and procedures.
- Maintain and enhance professional competence by attending in-service training, seminars, and college level courses.
- Performs other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Arabic Senior Teacher or Principal.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this job please visit kw.indeed.com.