As a Director of Strategy Implementation, you will partner with business leaders to bring Target’s enterprise strategies to life. You will do this by leading a team to bring data-driven problem solving approaches and iterative capability building to address Target’s most meaningful enterprise challenges and drive sustained profitable growth. On pace with one of the world’s best-loved and most recognized retail brands, Target’s Enterprise Strategy Implementation team is focused on the future. We are at the center of developing and enabling how Target evolves to meet the changing needs of our guests while winning a competitive global retail marketplace.
- A role within Enterprise Strategy Implementation means working with business leaders to drive the company’s most important strategic priorities. It means being part of a team that works on a wide range of strategies from rolling out new marketing initiatives to developing new operational capabilities. And it means always bringing a high standard for problem solving, data driven decision making, and cross functional leadership.
- This includes conducting gap analysis of current capabilities; assessing quality and rigor of business strategies, tactics, processes, and analyses; and elevating major risks to Strategy Implementation team leadership and cross-functional partners.
- You will also provide thought leadership, in partnership with business owners, to jointly define program objectives, tactics, and success measures.
- Likewise, you’ll coach leaders through execution phases and directly influence business owners to bring a high level of rigor to management decisions, resolution of cross-program interdependencies, and resource gaps.
- Core responsibilities of this job are described within the job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business need.
- Ability to drive high impact, cross-functional programs with senior leaders and overcome cultural challenges
- Ability to coach and influence senior leaders and defend your perspective
- Strong problem solving, synthesizing, and analytical skills
- Strong written, oral, communication, networking, and presentation skills
- Ability to take risks, learn quickly, challenge the status quo, and work under ambiguous circumstances
Qualification & Experience:
- Four-year or advanced degree in Business or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in a retail or operations consulting roles, or a senior role in a business function or management consulting
- 4+ years of experience directly leading teams
- An understanding of industry practices and the competitive retail landscape based on work experience at multiple retailers or consumer goods manufacturers
- Experience managing and implementing transformational business or strategy projects
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management ,Manufacturing
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A