Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Professional Services business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about strong success for the Customer. The Mainframe Modernization Practice collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. As trusted customer advocates, the Mainframe Modernization Practice helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, how to migrate and/or re-develop existing legacy workloads to the cloud. You will help shape, execute and deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases primarily from large enterprise customers.
- Designing AWS architectures which meet or exceed the requirements of workloads coming from mainframe and legacy infrastructures.
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
- Thought Leadership with extensive knowledge in legacy modernization techniques related tools and approaches.
- Agile software development and DevOps.
- Architecting, developing and modernizing customer applications/systems to be cloud optimized
- Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services.
- Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams.
- Advising and implementing AWS best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree, or 7+ years of work or military experience.
- 7+ years of experience designing and deploying software and middleware solutions used in Forbes global 2000 enterprises companies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience designing architectures for secure enterprise systems.
- 2+ years of experience in a technical lead role migrating workloads from mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems to distributed x86 infrastructures on-premises or in the Cloud;
- Active AWS Certifications
- 7+ years of hands-on technical experience with mainframe, non-x86 legacy systems and with technologies such as COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2 for z/OS, Assembler, PL/I,
- Java, Rexx, flat/sequential files, GDGs, and VSAM.
- 2+ years of experience integrating mainframe and non-x86 legacy systems with distributed Linux-based or Windows-based x86 servers.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hartford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A