The Senior Site EHS Manager will be responsible to develop a team of safety managers and safety professionals at a site. This Senior Safety Manger must create and execute leadership development plans for their team. This Senior Safety Manger must communicate safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to the safety teams and ensure they are executing to the core competencies of an Amazon safety professional. This Senior Safety Manger must also demonstrate the ability to judge and assess safety talent and select appropriate bench strength to current and future business needs.
- Audit the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
- Deep Dive trends and propose action plans to Sr. Leadership on site.
- Audit record keeping practices and Global Safety Database entries to ensure compliance to global safety standards and local regulations.
- Ensure safety record keeping and data integrity and provides Operations with accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives.
- Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations. Deliver quality projects on time to Operations.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon Safety Policies.
- Manage and mentor the FC Safety Manager and Safety Associates in your assigned FC.
- Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
- Measure the FC performance against published requirements in safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Deep Dive safety metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
- 7+ years’ of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or environmental programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation
- Master’s degree preferred
- Handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situation
- Written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
- Develop and implement department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
- Certified Safety Professional preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced, changing/growing organization
- Experience managing change in multiple site environment and managing multiple direct reports.
- BS/BA in Safety, Environmental, Ergonomics or a related field required
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A