It’s an exciting time to work for Etihad. We’re transforming the aviation industry through creativity, innovation and sustainability, pushing the boundaries to create a world of thoughtful choices for our guests on every journey. And just as we aspire to create meaningful experiences for our guests, we’re equally committed to delivering a remarkably thoughtful employee experience.
At Etihad, we’re always looking for talented people to join our Etihad family, and right now, we’re actively recruiting Qualified Engineers and Technicians for our Technical Operations team.The Licensed Aircraft Engineer reports to the Lead Engineer and performs all required maintenance activities and certifications in accordance with EY authorization policy. To supervise Aircraft Engineers and Technicians in all aspects of maintenance carried out on aircraft(s) ensuring compliance with all applicable standards and relevant technical data to optimize serviceability of aircraft(s) and support operational schedules.
During November, our Talent Acquisition and Technical Ops team will be coming to Kuala Lumpur to meet with potential candidates for current and future openings.
- Certifies own work and work of others after having verified task has been performed in accordance with approved data within the scope of authorisation.
- Completes all paperwork in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with current company procedures.
- Carries out maintenance work in compliance with company, health and safety and airport procedures and regulations.
- Ensures that the aircraft effectivity is correct and that the latest revision is being referenced, prior to the use of approved maintenance data.
- Assures that all material, parts tools, equipment and documentation is prepared at the beginning of the shift.
- Assures assigned aircraft are met on arrival and departed by an engineer.
- Ensures that the area around an aircraft for which Etihad Airways is responsible are clear of the hazards associated with Foreign Object Damage (FOD).
- Coordinates his/her maintenance activities on his/her assigned aircraft.
- Provides guidance and assistance to team members to ensure safe and effective working practices.
- Ensures the cleanliness of station facilities.
- Ensures equipment and premises utilised by maintenance staff in a serviceable, clean and safe condition.
- Behaves in a manner which reflects a professional approach when dealing with customers.
- Accepts appropriate training that will enable a more effective contribution.
- Wears equipment provided by the company for health and safety reasons, and to promote the company corporate image, as appropriate.
- Performs inspections as required on GSE and completes the form Ground Support Equipment Checklist – AUH EY (QA269).
- Performs daily inspection of company vehicle before use and completes the form Vehicle Maintenance Inspection (QA258).
- Ensures that all work performed at Etihad and completed in accordance with its processes and procedures is done in a safe manner.
- Familiar with, enforce and follow the procedures stipulated in the Safety & Quality Management Manual (SQMM) and become an active participant in the workplace safety program.
- Encourages colleagues by being actively involved in the promotion of a positive reporting culture.
Education & Experience
- High School leaving Certificate / or Education to university/college degree.
- Valid aircraft maintenance license (UAE GCAA/ICAO Type II/EASA 66) with2 Etihad aircraft types (includingone of 787/350/380)(level 3) is preferable
- Must have a minimum of 7 – 10 years experience in aircraft maintenance of which 3 years is in a Line Maintenance environment.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit
To apply for this job please visit www.monstergulf.com.