About the role
The job purpose is to take responsibility for all ATM operational activities in an assigned geographical region. The role provides representation for Qatar Airways as an ATM subject matter expert, in regional and international industry forums such as IATA and ICAO, to ensure the interests of Qatar Airways are considered. The role assures optimized airspace utilization and air traffic flows across the Qatar Airways route network for safety, flight and fuel efficiency. Additionally the role provides ATM subject matter expertise to internal customers in support of operational projects and objectives.
The role includes, but is not limited to the below responsibilities:
- Responsible for representing Qatar Airways interests within assigned geographical regions, including managing relationships with industry partners and other stakeholders within the ATS environment in order to address company requirements related to ATM.
- Present reports and briefings to senior management on current or proposed ATM initiatives such as those undertaken by regional bodies to ensure awareness at strategic level.
- Represent and participate in ATM industry groups and forums such as IATA, ICAO, and CANSO on behalf of Qatar Airways to ensure that airline interests are voiced and considered.
- Review company network flight inefficiencies in collaboration with other flight operations stakeholders to identify and resolve trends within the ATM environment.
- Along with the flight ops technical teams, develop and implement initiatives and processes to improve ATM operational efficiencies such as airspace optimization, new routes, PBN approach procedures to generate fuel and time costs savings.
- Manage airspace restrictions and prohibitions in collaboration with the threat/risk and safety teams in accordance with company airspace policy to prevent the planning and execution of operations within dangerous or restricted areas.
- Investigate Air Safety Reports related to ATM; provide root cause and corrective actions to Group Safety in order to prevent similar occurrences in future.
- Liaise with internal departments such as Fleets, Safety, IOC, and Flight Dispatch for implementation of ATM policy.
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level or equivalent
- ATPL/CPL/Flight Dispatch license / certification or ATC, ATM qualification.
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience
- Minimum of 7 years working experience within an ATM environment for either an Air Navigation Services Provider (ANSP) or Airline Flight Operations environment or related organization engaged in ATM activities.
Job Specific Skills:
- Comprehensive knowledge of ATC procedures, and CNS/ATM Technology.
- Demonstrate active participation in regional and international aviation industry forums.
- Subject matter expert in the field of ATM.
- Knowledge of Airspace planning and Management.
- Fluent in written and spoken English language.
- Demonstrate Knowledge of world-wide flight planning and Airline Operations.
- Project Management skills – Ability to independently manage project from its inception to completion.
- Presentation Skills- Ability to develop and clearly present the objectives of the project.
- For deputation of Manager ATM: -ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate’s skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Sound knowledge of ICAO documentation on Global Air Navigation Plan, Global ATM Concept and Aviation Systems Block Upgrades (ASBUs).
- Familiar with the use of computerized flight planning software, preferable Lido OC.
About Qatar Airways Group
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
Be part of an extraordinary story
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible.
To apply for this job please visit qa.indeed.com.