Marketing / Sales / Product Support
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs
To drive revenue and growth for the aftermarket solutions business (to incl. parts, service, worktools, reman) in line with industry strategy in Al Bahar territory, communicated targets and by following established sales processes focused on the end customer. This will be achieved in close collaboration with the respective dealer(s) where the incumbent under direction of ASR management will provide leadership, guidance, and counsel to optimize dealer’ sales force and sales processes effectiveness, in addition to leveraging opportunity management systems and processes to Caterpillar’s benefit, while recognizing and respecting independence of dealer.
J ob Related Statistics – (Ranges are wide as they differ by industry allocated)
- Annual Total Business Plan ($40M-45M)
- POPS-C – 30-35%
- Discretionary Sales Variance ($700K)
- Travel & Entertainment Budget ($20K)
Job duties will include, but not limited to:
- Deliver on CI %STU growth business plan
- Execute on the 5 key breakthroughs related to Rebuilds Top 14, CVA 4-10, Sales PSEs, Marketing PSE’s and eCommerce Activation.
- Deliver, in collaboration with the other verticals, to the annual total business plan for the assigned dealer territories (shared goal). Once an industry specific business plan will be developed, the accountability will move to such plan.
- In collaboration with assigned dealers develop and implement aftermarket solutions industry account plans for assigned high-opportunity customer accounts. Adopt and be an advocate for sales funnel management methods.
- Collaborate with industries to identify customer accounts for growth
- Develop aftermarket solutions growth opportunities & execute approved targeted marketing campaigns
- Optimize parts sales variance utilization within assigned budget to drive incremental top line revenue and deliver business plan.
- Drive regular sales performance reviews with dealers and ensure implementation of corrective actions where needed.
- Track opportunity, participation and close rates and report VOC/VOD in the CRM system. Develop local action plans, leveraging CRM and Customer Insights, to attack lost sales.
- Seek understanding, document, and communicate internally on customer requirements, business models, competitive landscape and other market intelligence to ensure product groups and other entities are aware of product & customer needs.
- Partner with dealers’ Parts & Service Sales Managers and their PSSR/ISR/Parts Counter organization to influence sales force effectiveness.
- Identify and communicate opportunities for improving aftermarket solutions sales management, marketing and operational capabilities at assigned dealers.
- Drive customer connectivity as an enabler to business
- Interact with Caterpillar global or regional account management to achieve growth of aftermarket solutions goals with specific customers (as applicable).
- Keep up to date with industry trends, changing technology and market regulations in countries covered
- Manage the T&E budget
- Partner with & influence other internal parties to ensure general customer needs are met for an effective commercial relationship
- Understand Caterpillar’s business model and act within the business process guidance on review and approval for variance programs and commercial actions.
- This position requires a college or university degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 to 5 years prior experience in field assignments and have demonstrated the ability to work independently and to communicate effectively with others in the work group, dealer personnel and customers.
- Incumbents will have demonstrated the ability to work on increasingly more complex assignments and provide direction to lower-level reps on project assignments.
Competencies & Behaviours:
- Incumbents must demonstrate the following competencies and behaviours:
- Technical knowledge
- A university degree
- Strong business acumen
- Proficient analytic tools user
- Industry knowledge (intermediate level)
- At least basic application & machines understanding
- Intermediate knowledge of customer solutions (parts products, service offerings, solution offerings).
- Experience in sales & marketing areas.
- Experience in the markets/ industry he/she would be serving.
- Interpersonal skills and behaviours.
- Customer centric.
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Team player.
- Self-starter, able to work autonomously.
- Strong accountability.
- Ability to work with people from different backgrounds and cultures.
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
Caterpillar is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation. For more information, visit https://www.caterpillar.com/en/careers/why-caterpillar.html
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
Pending the number of applications, the criteria for the position may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.