At CVS Health, our Pharmacy Technicians are at the forefront of our purpose of helping people on their path to better health. As a Pharmacy Technician in one of our retail stores, you’ll use your knowledge and skills to help thousands of people in your community get the medications they need to live healthier lives.
As the first point of contact for our patients and their caregivers, you’ll have the opportunity to shape their customer experience and make each interaction outstanding. You’ll be empowered to do this through a suite of tools and resources that help you and your team maintain operational excellence and provide custom services that save your patients time and money. As a member of the team, you’ll accomplish your goals and contribute to something bigger –impacting patient lives.
Whether you’re new to pharmacy or an expert technician, we offer full- and part-time positions for all skill levels. We also provide education and training so that you can grow professionally and personally while staying up to date on new products and services, and innovative ways to care for your patients. New technicians are required to complete our extensive training program for Pharmacy Technicians and satisfy all registration, licensing and certification requirements according to your state’s Board of Pharmacy guidelines.
The pharmacy is a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, where each interaction has intention and the team works together for a shared purpose. If this excites you, please join our team of dedicated Pharmacy Technicians who demonstrate our core values of Accountability, Caring, Collaboration, Innovation and Integrity in everything they do, every day. We are ready to help you achieve your career goals!
- Complies with CVS policies and procedures to ensure patient safety, and protect patient privacy and security.
- Lives our purpose of helping people on their path to better health by engaging customers to learn about their health and medications.
- Understands and follows applicable Federal and State laws (e.g., HIPAA), regulations (e.g., OSHA), professional standards, and ethical principles.
- Actively seeks opportunities to expand clinical, technical and insurance knowledge.
- Balances quality and efficiency in all tasks, contributing to both patient outcomes and broader team goals.
- As allowable in applicable states, certified and trained Pharmacy Technicians can expand on their clinical and managerial responsibilities, including administering vaccinations.
- Communicates among a number of individuals, including patients, co-workers, insurance companies, and prescribers
- Creates genuine human connections by focusing on service, and keeping patients and caregivers top of mind at all times.
- Demonstrates compassion and care by proactively identifying and resolving potential problems.
- Works on a team to fulfill prescription orders from start to finish with an in-depth understanding of each workstation
- Bending/squatting/leaning to a considerable degree and requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Ability to handle and work with small instruments and objects.
Licensure requirements vary by state. Learn more by visiting your state’s Board of Pharmacy website or asking the hiring manager.
- Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting.
- Auditory attention; ability to focus on a single source of sound in the presence of other distracting sounds.
- Ability to move quickly from one task to another according to the needs of the pharmacy.
- Effective verbal communication; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word, especially when detailed or important instructions must be conveyed accurately.
- The ability to concentrate on a task for significant periods of time.
- Is able to load and unload trays/cases/totes (30 pound maximum to a height of 4 feet).
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
- High School diploma or equivalent (preferred).
- National Certification from an accredited pharmacy technician certification program approved by specific state regulations (e.g. PTCB, ExCPT, etc.).
- Must be at least 16 years of age
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albany, NY, US,
Application Deadline: N/A