- Manage and monitor the ADNOC Group intellectual capital portfolio, including developing and implementing an intellectual capital management strategy, forecast the costs and benefits of intellectual property (patents), prepare intellectual capital reports and metrics, and advise management on intellectual capital matters.
- Ensure all ADNOC innovation projects and portfolios have defined intellectual capital strategies aligned with business expectations and strategic plans, intellectual capital portfolios are continuously monitored and validated, and maximize the financial return on our innovation investments through effective intellectual capital portfolio management.
- Provide assistance to inventors with the preparation of invention disclosures and prosecution of patent applications.
- Monitor and evaluate systematically competitors’ products and patents for market trends and detection of potentially infringing third-party products and licensing opportunities. Support third-party conflicts, such as litigations and post-grant patent challenges.
- Analyze patent portfolios for potential cost savings and patent revenue creation options.
- Manage the external law firms invoices that includes reviewing the invoices, obtaining the required internal approvals, ensuring the invoices will be timely paid
- Develop and implement an ADNOC Group intellectual capital strategy to effectively and efficiently protect innovation investments and maximize the return on innovation investment.
- Create and implement an invention concept document system for the identification and management of potential intellectual property opportunities.
- Support the preparation of documents required for patent application fillings and trade mark fillings including assignment documents and power of attorney documents
- Work in close cooperation with innovation groups and the patent attorneys to support patent generation and patent risk management (“freedom to operate”).
- Serve as the intellectual capital management lead for managing all aspects of innovation intellectual capital for the ADNOC Group of Companies.
- Review and develop patent rights for concepts and innovative product ideas in coordination with the RDLT and businesses, legal and patent attorneys
- Develop new and effective methods to for intellectual capital landscape analysis; search, review and analyze relevant patents.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in in science or engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in intellectual property, legal, or paralegal.
- Experienced in intellectual capital management reporting
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A