United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
Job description / Role
– To ensure that the Vice Dean’s Office (Health Sciences Division) operates efficiently, and that secretarial and administrative work are handled competently and effectively.
– Performs a variety of complex secretarial and clerical tasks which require considerable independent action and judgment
– Deals with a high-volume and confidential workload while coping with conflicting demands.
– Composes routine and confidential correspondence in a timely manner.
– Ensures confidentiality of restricted information.
– Controls the Vice Dean’s calendar and assigns appointments after determining the relative importance and urgency.
– Screens and prioritizes telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner, responding where feasible or redirecting as necessary.
– Establishes and maintains effective working relationships both within and external to the College.
– Requests and collates information from departments for inclusion in reports to higher authorities.
– Prepares and distributes agendas, minutes, and supporting documentation for meetings
– Takes meeting minutes, transcribes from notes to produce a final copy.
– Organizes and maintains files, correspondence and other records.
– Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by the direct supervisor.
– Assists with English documentation to ensure spelling and terminology is correct.