Tufts Medical Center
As part of Tufts Medical Center, the New England Eye Center is a local, national, and international referral and consultation facility, providing the most current and comprehensive services in tertiary care ophthalmology. It is a complete clinical and technical center for the testing and treatment of all types of eye diseases and visual problems. The New England Eye Center services patients in an attentive private practice environment. In addition to our satellite locations throughout Eastern Massachusetts, we occupy a 45,000 square-foot clinical center conveniently situated in the Theatre District of Boston. The center is designed to meet the technical and professional needs of a sophisticated clinical, research, and education facility, but is customized for the comfort of the patient. Our professional and support staff provide patients with not only the best technical care but also compassion, reassurance, and friendly assistance.
Under general supervision, this position provides administrative support for department heads and clinical service lines. The position works with multiple constituencies across the hospital and takes a lead role in managing the department/division’s administrative needs, including assisting callers, taking messages, managing calendars, placing purchasing orders and maintaining electronic filing systems. In this role, the Administrative Coordinator will also help to ensure smooth operations of our practices to improve the patient experience.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides administrative support to department/division chair/ chief and/or department director
- Answers phones, triages calls, responds to patient requests, takes messages
- Maintains chair/chief/department director’s schedule, both clinical and administrative
- Schedules and coordinates complex meetings and facilities, which may include travel arrangements
- Composes and formats correspondence, reports and presentations; demonstrates a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Completes general office and clerical work, including filing, mailing, correspondence, copying, ordering supplies
- Coordinates and monitors credentialing and enrollment activity, as well as TUSM-related activity; provides regular updates to managers
- Performs tasks core to the Practice Coordinator role
- Assists with special department-wide projects and performance improvement initiatives
- Handles sensitive and confidential information
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Prior experience working in a clinic or hospital environment preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous tasks and prioritize according to established criteria and protocols
- Computer literacy required, including familiarity with email, Microsoft Office programs and scheduling applications. Ability to learn and use Tufts network programs required.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential medical information.
- High School diploma, with specialized training in business office skills preferred.
- 2-5 years office experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Normal office environment.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES STATEMENT:
Must be able to perform all essential functions of this position with reasonable accommodation if disabled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Tufts Medical Center reserves the right to modify position duties at any time, to reflect process improvements and business necessity.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.