American University in Dubai
Administrative Assistant – Institutional Effectiveness
The Objective of the Administrative Assistant position is to support the Director and Assistant Director of Institutional
Effectiveness in all related business and operational functions of the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. Furthermore, to
serve as the first point of contact for the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and implement customer CARE (towards all
faculty, staff and students) in order to project a professional image of the University and the Office of Institutional
- Answer all incoming calls professionally and efficiently, and redirect as appropriate
- Greet and assist clients, faculty, staff and students
- General office management including knowledge about the office equipment and mail services (including
ordering supplies, and maintaining a professional and presentable office environment)
- Handle confidential documents and information (reports, faxes, mail)
- Assist with all record keeping and reports as needed
- Provide administrative support to the Director and Assistant Director of Institutional Effectiveness in the
various functions and activities carried out by OIE
- Maintain a filing and calendar system for the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and OIE
- Assist with planning and arrangements for conferences, seminars and other similar events hosted by OIE
- Maintain and update the mailing list used in all official correspondence by OIE
- Photocopy and collate material as directed by the Director/Assistant Director of IE as needed
- Other related tasks or projects as assigned
Competencies and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills
- Strong team skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Office administration abilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to clients, students and staff
- Ability to professionally represent the University
- Attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Sense of humor and flexibility
- Bachelor’s degree
- Expertise with Microsoft Office
- Be able to prioritize responsibilities, duties and projects
- Strong Professional references
- Five (5) years or more of effective administrative support
Applications will be accepted and evaluated until this position is filled.
This position is suitable for those candidates already resident in Dubai.
Interested applicants must submit the following requirements via email to [email protected]
(Please state the title of the position as the subject of the email)
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Contact information of three (3) academic/professional references
Alternatively, applicants can submit their application materials to the following postal address:
Angele El Khoury
Director of Human Resources
The American University in Dubai
P. O. Box 28282, Dubai, U.A.E.
No telephone calls please.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for a follow-up interview.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.