School of the Engineering
American University of Ras Al Khaimah
General information about institution
The American University of Ras Al Khaimah (AURAK) is an independent co-education institution of Higher Education that provides an integrated American-style, undergraduate and graduate education. All programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education of the UAE; additionally, it is accredited by the U.S. regional accreditation association, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The American model of higher education ensures not only skills in specific academic fields, but also a general education curriculum that exposes students to new ideas and ways of thinking critically about local and global issues. The multicultural student body at AURAK offers candidates the opportunity to teach and conduct research in one of the most diverse countries in the world. AURAK is a young and rapidly growing university. AURAK is located in Ras Al Khaimah, one of the Northern Emirates and a rapidly growing region. The beauty of Ras Al Khaimah is reflected in its traditions and diverse landscapes — its white sandy beaches, the majestic Hajjar Mountains, the expansive desert and its sands dunes, and the many historical sites.
Job Purpose & Responsibilities
A School Administrative Assistant’s Responsibilities Includes:
- Providing both clerical and administrative support to School’s Department Chairs and Faculty members
- Answering all incoming telephone calls, transferring calls to various offices and taking messages for Faculty, and placing outgoing calls as requested
- Using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Power point, Excel, Access, etc., to produce correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases.
- To produce correspondence and documents and maintain presentations, records, spreadsheets and databases.
- Booking class rooms’ and conference rooms’ facilities.
- Arranging meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes.
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and equipment and meeting all Faculty requests.
- Sorting and distributing incoming post and organizing and sending outgoing post.
- Gathering and summarizing data for briefs, reports, and correspondence from computerized tracking system and manual files in order to provide accurate information.
- Maintaining classroom key distribution and record keeping.
Minimum Qualification and Education
Diploma in a field appropriate to the specific assignment.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Business English, spelling, grammar and punctuation required to produce and proofread simple written documents.
- Must possess good communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to help others.
- Ability to maintain clerical records and prepare simple reports.
1-2 years Secretarial experience.
Language proficiency required
Ideally fluent in English and Arabic
- Service Excellence-
- Professional Ethics and Integrity-
- Time Management-
Dean of the School of the Engineering
Please create an account in order to apply for this job