- Participate in technical review meetings on topics related to well testing, well optimization, artificial lift, well completion, and production technology in general. Participate in review of completion design and well operations related activities that directly impact ADNOC’s short and long-term production targets and to achieve ADNOC’s objectives in the areas of Technology Advancement, Building Technical Capability, Development and Implementation of Technical Standards using Industry Best Practices, and Knowledge Sharing.
- Develop and maintain consistent petroleum engineering technical standards, processes, procedures, and technology.
- Develop and document standard workflows and processes for monitoring water flood and IOR programs to maximize value and capture learnings (eg., Well work Evaluation Tracking System).
- Develop unified gas lift standards and operating procedures for ADNOC Group
- Prepares technical standards and well completion procedures for reservoir management.
- Develop and maintain a Gas Lift Community of Practice and a web portal on ADNOC++ to share experiences and best practices across all Group Companies.
- Review best international practices /methods and establish quality control procedures to enhance well work processes.
- Facilitate introduction of strategic technologies that reduce cost, maximize rate and sustainable recovery, and improve work processes.
- Review and ensure that well designs including material selection for support of the optimum long-term development and production plans for hydrocarbon reservoirs.
- Support Group Companies with the design, selection and commissioning of gas lift projects
- Participate in proposing and preparing data exchanges / trade proposals with companies active in the countries and emirates surrounding Abu
- Dhabi, to complement ADNOC corporate data-base and to be used in field development plans.
- Train Production Engineers and Field Operations staff on gas lift operations
- Ensure that oil and gas project economics include long-term well utility plans including fit-for-purpose life cycle risk analysis.
- Able to provide technical expertise for selection, design, implementation and operation of Identify new technologies to improve the operating efficiency of Artificial Lift systems including digital technologies and automation.
- Skilled in application of classical completion analysis methods (e.g., nodal analysis, perforation design, stimulation design) and able to identify situations where detailed simulation may or may not be required.
- Recognized as subject matter expert in Artificial Lift domain (primarily gas lift and ESP’s)
- Published multiple papers including first Author publications in journals or conference proceedings; preferably peer reviewed. Is called upon to review and approve Journal papers and is invited to participate in special society publications.
- Working knowledge of engineering software such as Pipesim, PipesimNet, Prosper, Gap
- Industry recognized expert in gas lift design, selection, commissioning and operation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with major IOCs and NOCs, working in one of their Technical Centers guiding/advising/influencing a large, company-wide Artificial Lift program
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10 years of experience in completion design for exploration and production well programs. Latest technology in complex completions and down-hole flow control. Include knowledge of smart well completions, tools, and data acquisition/metering, FCDs, etc.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Application Deadline: N/A