Job description / Role
Senior ACS Cloud Architect (ACA) – Advanced Customer Services/ Advanced Services Engineering Team (ASE)
The Senior ACS Cloud Architect (ACA) provides strategic solutions and architectural designs supporting the delivery of customer solutions within the Oracle and multi cloud technology stack: Infrastructure, Networks, IaaS, PaaS and Middleware, Database (DBaaS), Security, Applications. The ACA contributes to the development and implementation of IT solutions in line with the overall customer needs and strategy.
The ACA works closely with the Customer to ensure alignment between business change, IT architecture, technical solutions, business resources and processes.
The ACA is also the lead of technical architects who are responsible for a specific technical pillar, e.g. Database , Middleware/applications and Infrastructure. The senior cloud architect” is responsible for the whole solution (e.g. a full Disaster recovery concept covering all workloads and technical layers).
ACA must have a technical background and history and is still be able to step into complex technical implementations and provide detailed support and guidance to re-establish technical momentum.
– Analyses business needs to help ensure the Oracle cloud solution meets the customer’s objectives
– Apply industry and Oracle best practices, product knowledge, and business acumen
– Be the Oracle cloud solution authority for the customer’s cloud architecture to ensure that customers make informed decisions regarding scope to achieve beneficial solutions cost effectiveness, quality and reuse.
– Providing technical guidance on cloud solutions to customer and other Oracle project team members to underpin successful project definition and delivery.
– Produce high level designs (HLD) including architecture, services and products and migration plans that meets customer demand
– Define, document, communicate, and maintain the target cloud architecture for the customers IT application, data and infrastructure including any transition architectures to ensure that the customers current and future needs will be met.
– Undertake research, investigations and developments in Oracle cloud technology in an appropriate way, and communicate the findings to the relevant interested stakeholder groups to inform business decisions.
– Working closely with the ACS Project Managers (TAM) to ensure that the individual work streams that form the overall cloud solution are technically managed and designs and plans are maintained to reflect the customers agreed solution
– Ensure Oracle cloud technologies are leveraged appropriately, that customer impacts to people, processes and technology are understood; and to resolve issues that have cross project or system scope
– Be able to design solutions around multi-cloud and hybrid cloud setups
– Liaises with presales as to proposed solution, and ensures early ACS engagement.
– Apply the ACS Cloud Methodology (ACM) to ensure a proper end2end delivery of the solution considering relevant practices
– Be an active contributor to the ACS Global Virtual Teams (GVT) program
– Identifies and promotes opportunities for sales of Oracle products and services to support business growth
– Work with Oracle Managed Cloud Services on reference architecture definition, design and implementation
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.