The Sr. Analyst – Product & Category Analytics (Internally known as Product & Category Analytics Developer) will be responsible for developing and executing research, analytic, and segmentation projects for the Merchandising and Category Management teams. The position would require the developer to be the data lead for all projects and reporting. Additionally, the position is responsible for the interpreting results and developing strategic recommendations from the research and analysis of data to further maximize the existing product mix through the creation of basic reports
- Lead and develop changes to current reporting methods and develop new process/ procedures to create time saving process and increase productivity for end users.
- Research and analyze trends in product data using existing reports and data analysis. Utilize knowledge and experience to develop interpretations on the data and work with Merchandising and Category Management teams on creating implementation practices.
- Keep current with merchandising category and retail trends through communication with Merchandising department managers and merchant teams.
- Prioritize and develop new analytical reports for use in special projects designated by the Category Management and Merchandising teams. Lead all analytical training required for user or Analytics team to use, understand, and execute finished reports.
- Support ad hoc incoming analytic requests and other assigned tasks and projects for the Business Intelligence and Merchandising Operations teams.
- Work cross-functionally with Category Management, Merchandising, and Marketing when needed and lead project innovation and reporting.
- Ability to collaborate and lead effective partner relationships
- Fundamental understanding of key financial / retail metrics
- Proficient with MS Excel, Access; experience with data mining and query tools, BI reporting tools or CRM tools
- Self-starter, strong drive, highly motivated to make change and bring about fact driven decisions
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with insights and analytic tools and techniques (Alteryx, SAS, Domo)
- Familiarity with various data sources (SAP, Teradata, ADW)
- Analytical, quantitative and critical thinking skills
Qualification & Experience:
- 4-7 years’ experience in business analytics / consumer research. Retail merchandising is a plus
- 3-5 years’ experience in merchandising / inventory / product management
- BS/BA in quantitative business, math, statistics, business or related field
Company: Ace Hardware
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Analyst Strategy, Planning Information Technology
Job Location: Oak Brook, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A