NALS Apartment Homes
NALS Apartment Homes is a thriving, national Real Estate Investment Firm engaged in the acquisition, ownership, and management of multifamily apartment communities. Headquartered in Santa Barbara California, NALS is centered on our core values. Those of respect, teamwork, excellence, service to others and engagement are the foundation of our vibrant company culture.
At NALS, we embrace opportunities for personal and professional growth, and encourage our employees to share their unique skills, local knowledge, and professional expertise. Our team is the single most important ingredient to our success and we seek to foster a work environment as welcoming as our apartment communities. Please visit our website www.nals.com.
Our success remains grounded in disciplined investing principles and a company culture of collaboration, innovation and excellence. Friendly and professional team members across the nation have chosen to spend their careers at NALS Apartment Homes.
What can NALS bring to the ideal candidate?
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with generous match, Life Insurance and Disability Insurance
- Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave
- We value personal and professional growth and always seek to help our team members advance their careers at NALS
- Employee referral program
Under the supervision of the Controller and Property Accounting Manager, the Accounting Specialist performs a variety of accounting functions in accordance with standard procedures in general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable or related financial areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Print cash sheets
- Review bank reports to verify deposits & research discrepancies / collect processer report
- NSF’s – notify property of any NSF’s
- Process credit card refunds / voids
- Handle property accounting issues
- Review A/P batches to actual invoices then submit A/P batches to operations for approval
- Post A/P and prepare check batches for printing
- Mail out checks / post auto draft utility JE’s
- SDR review and process
- Review utility spread sheet for discrepancies
- Tax and Insurance Impounds
- CRS and Sales Tax payments
- Prepare bank deposits
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Create email relating to accounting errors
- Emergency check processing
- Review petty cash statements
- Review property month end pre-close
- Create / approve new vendor codes (once W-9 and insurance certificate (if req.) have been submitted) in Yardi Systems
- Enter year end vendor totals for preparation of 1099’s
- Perform additional duties, responsibilities or projects as assigned
Dedicated…Motivated…Innovative…Team Player… These are just a few words to describe the ideal person to join our growing team at NALS Apartment Homes! A positive and upbeat attitude, integrity, a willingness to learn, and be service oriented are key qualities in the ideal candidate.
This position requires understanding of accounting principles and the aptitude to work well with numbers. Able to work with on-site staff and co-workers in stressful situations. Computer skills must include knowledge of Microsoft Office and Yardi. Property management accounting a plus. Training and work schedule for this full time position will be in person / in the office.
Compensation is dependent on experience.
Facts & Figures:
- Founded in 1990, NALS has a proven track record of long term ownership and results
- Over 2 billion in assets owned and managed.
- Annual revenue over 200 million.
- Longevity – Over 80 of our 487 employees have been with us for over a decade.
- Regularly pursuing new acquisitions.
- 47 properties across 10 states.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.