Job description / Role
• To assist the Principal in providing high quality leadership to the teaching team.
• The Vice Principal Academic is responsible of the delivery of the academic program and related academic matters on campus.
• The VP Academic supervises Lead Teachers, provides guidance, ensures curriculum delivery as instructed by the Curriculum and Assessment Unit and oversees assessment process integrity.
• The VP Academic may represent the Principal in his/her absence in the Academic Council.
• Has the overall responsibility for the implementation of EHSMS-General Framework
• Comply with EHSMS-GF Roles and Responsibilities to protect staff, students, contractors, the community and the environment.
• Manage all aspects of the Academic team
• Responsible for activities, day to day operations and all academic affairs of the school
• Foster a learning environment where every team member is encouraged to provide ideas and suggestions leading to continuous improvement of local teaching and learning practices
• Actively support the development of inter-disciplinary collaboration between teams of teachers
• Supervise instructional programs, evaluate lesson plans and observe classes on a regular basis to encourage the most up to date instructional strategies in learning and child growth and development
• Ensure the effectiveness of the instructional programs that engage the learners in analytical and critical thinking, questioning, problem solving and creativity.
• Ensure that the programs address learners’ needs, interests, and skill levels
• Supervise Lead Teachers and teaching staff
• Ensure that personnel evaluation procedures are fair and consistent that encourage accountability and excellence, in accordance with policies and requirements
• Conduct Teacher observations and maintain records for improvement
• Develop Professional Improvement Plan (PIP) for teaching staff.
• Recommend opportunities for staff development including workshops, conferences, visitations, and sessions.
• Shares with staff successful teaching practices and strategies
• Provides leadership in teaching techniques, innovation and class organization
• Liaise with the Curriculum and Assessment Unit to provide up to date information on curriculum development, program evaluation, allocation of instructional materials and resources, and ensuring the proper delivery of the curriculum
• Review the grades for System Wide assessments and Final Examinations before submission to the Assessment Unit
• Coordinate and facilitate the master schedule and oversee scheduling process, selection of courses and teacher schedules
• Assist in the process of interviewing, evaluating, and selecting new staff members
• Assist in the development and presentation of parent information and conference evening programs
• Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary system of the Institute
• Work collaboratively with colleagues, families, and the community to support the learning environment
• Uphold the Institute’s code of conduct and all school policies
• Undertake such other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Institute
• Assume responsibility for the Operation of the Institute in the absence of the Principal.