We seek a highly motivated scientist, with a proven track record of accomplishment in the field of organic synthesis to work in a multi-functional team environment.
- The position involves multi-disciplinary interactions with organic chemists, analytical chemists, engineers, and solid state scientists.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing and executing synthetic organic chemistry that provides practical access to potential therapies, which may include small molecules and/or antibody drug conjugates.
- It is expected that the successful candidate publish research in peer-reviewed journals and present their work at scientific conferences.
- The candidate will demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles and assumptions by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise. Additionally, the candidate will proactively seek out new information in the literature and incorporate this into individual project(s) as well as the overall program.
Qualification & Experience:
- An ability to search the chemical literature and evaluate potential solutions to synthetic problems.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- A broad range of functional expertise in modern synthetic organic chemistry, compound purification, spectral analysis/interpretation.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
- BS, MS, or PhD in chemistry and 10-12 (BS), 8-10 (MS), or 0-4 (PhD) years of relevant experience required.
- Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A