Job description / Role
• Monitoring patient physiological responses to therapy such as arterial blood gases, vital signs or blood chemistry, and lung function changes, and consulting with physicians if there are adverse reactions.
• Working as part of a team of health care professionals to manage patient care by assisting with medical procedures.
• Setting up and operating devices including therapeutic gas administration apparatus, mechanical ventilators, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
• Following specified parameters of treatment.
• Providing emergency care, such as external cardiac massage, artificial respiration, or assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
• Inspecting, testing, cleaning, and maintaining respiratory therapy equipment to ensure it is functioning safely and efficiently.
• Maintaining charts that contain patient identification and therapy information.
• Measuring arterial blood gases, reading prescriptions, lung capacity, and reviewing other information to assess patient condition.
• Relaying blood analysis results to a physician.
• Making emergency visits to resolve equipment problems when necessary.
• Ordering equipment repairs when necessary.
• Explaining health care treatment procedures to patients to gain cooperation.
• Checking pulmonary function in patients.
To apply for this job please visit www.gulftalent.com.